ACCOUNTANT– Job opening at the Texarkana, Arkansas, Headquarters office. The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Previous experience working with a utility in a related capacity and CPA are preferred.
1. Maintain General Ledger and subsidiary ledgers,
2. Prepare journal entries and reconcile all accounts.
3. Maintain Job Cost Records, including estimates, posting of transactions, balancing closing to plant accounts, RUS 219’s and special equipment, engineering reports, and property tax records.
4. Prepare monthly financials including RUS Form 7, internal statements and associated schedules.
5. Maintain records for inventory of materials including posting of charge outs/salvage tickets.
6. Prepare financial reports for: sales, energy, construction, and transportation.
7. Maintain transportation records such as licensing, mileage, tanks, and vehicle sales.
8. Process accounts payable: including classifying invoices and preparing checks.
9. Processing state and local tax returns including payroll taxes, sales taxes and property taxes.
10. Use computer software including NISC, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
11. Backup other accounting positions as needed.
12. Perform related work and other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with auditors, information technology representatives, vendors and others in carrying out job duties.
2. Ability to make and verify computations accurately and quickly.
3. Ability to operate business machines such as computer terminal or personal computer, calculator, typewriter and copier. Ability to learn use of NISC and personal computer software.
4. Ability to apply RUS regulations, PSC regulations and Cooperative Policy and Procedures to effectively carry out job duties.
1. Ability to work with Accounting personnel.
2. Ability to work with other employees relating to accounting duties.
3. Ability to work with auditors, NISC, RUS/CFC representatives and others.
1. Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting.
2. 5 years of general ledger accounting experience.
3. Proficient in Excel and Word and Outlook.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Effective time management skills and strong attention to detail.
6. Able to work within a team and independently under general supervision.
7. Able to multi-task and complete projects within specific deadlines.
8. Prior experience in a rural electric cooperative accounting environment is a plus.
9. CPA preferred
Applications may be submitted by mail or in person to the headquarters office or by email to email@example.com. Applications must be received no later than March 12, 2019.
Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation
2904 East 9th Street
Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
© 2019 - Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative