The Board of Directors held meetings on December 20 to conduct its regular monthly Board Meeting to discuss and review several agenda items. During the meetings, they approved the Minutes of the last Board meeting and accepted the reports of the Attorney, President and Vice Presidents. In addition, Southwest Arkansas Telecommunication & Technology doing business as Four States Fiber also held a regular Board Meeting.
- The Cooperative’s audit report was presented by a representative from FORVIS.
- Special service contracts for $27.3 million were authorized for 2023.
- Initial plans were set in motion for the March 25, 2023, Annual Meeting of Members.
- Regular Board Meeting dates for 2023 were scheduled and approved.
- The Cooperative’s 2023 Strategic Plan and Budget were accepted.
- A discussion was held regarding the 2023 ACRE membership campaign.
- Information was presented about the NRECA 2023 PowerXchange & Tech Advantage conference scheduled for March.
- The Cooperative was authorized to make a $1,000 contribution to Arkansas Rural Development State Political Action Fund.
- The Board authorized the Cooperative to move forward with the Midway Switching Station Project with Re-Con Company, Inc., and directed the President to execute all documents associated with the agreement.
- The Board authorized the Cooperative to increase its Letter of Credit by Cooperative Finance Corporation and to update the individuals authorized to act on behalf of the Cooperative.
- 81 new member applications were approved making a total of 18,920 members to date.
Four States Fiber
The Board of Directors authorized Four States Fiber to make an equity contribution of $200,000 to Diamond State Network for the day-to-day operations, expenses and needed equipment.