Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / PAYROLL COORDINATOR
Applications must be received by September 26, 2023, and may be submitted in person at Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp, 2904 E. 9th St., Texarkana, AR, 71854 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintain all payroll records.
- Process payroll, balance, and verify data accuracy.
- Balance and transmit direct deposit files and 401(k) files as applicable.
- Process correct garnishment payroll information from Federal and State documentation.
- Process labor distribution to general ledger and generate applicable reports.
- Act as liaison with management and employees and ensure a timely response to inquiries for information in payroll areas.
- Process accurate and timely year-end W-2’s.
- Assist employees with loan requests and contribution changes.
- Process accounts payable by compiling, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, ensuring proper general ledger coding and timely payment in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and resolve vendor payment issues.
- Comply with state sales tax requirements by properly accruing sales tax on invoices.
- Perform other accounting and payroll duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter, organized and analytical.
- Knowledge of payroll principles, practices, regulations, and procedures and government statutes, regulations and rules governing wage and hour regulations, state unemployment and federal taxes.
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll processing procedures.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, word-processing, power point and database management tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written format.
- Ability to work with employee group, directors, retirees, and other agencies.
- Ability to work with general public.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- College degree with emphasis in accounting preferred.
- Three years’ experience processing payroll preferred.