Four States Fiber, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative, has a job opening at the Texarkana, Arkansas, Headquarters office. A Bachelor’s degree or seven years’ experience with fiber optic networks, wireless communication, routing and switching (juniper preferred) and coordination and implementation of technology projects is required. Utility Telecommunications or SCADA system experience preferred. Starting Salary is $90,000.
Manages and directs operations and activities of the cooperative’s fiber to the premise subsidiary, to include network design, network management tool administration, preparing reports, establishing budgets, comparing and analyzing options, maintaining public relations, and managing assets.
- Interact with customers to understand client technical requirements and deploy optimal networking and connectivity solutions.
- Prepare recommendations and supporting details of formal project proposals for network connectivity and configurations.
- Interact with internal and external teams to understand network requirements and prepare network changes for implementation.
- Regularly interact with telecom providers, equipment suppliers and third-party network vendors to engage their technical resources to perform tasks.
- Work closely with Field Technicians to support product and service deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Position requires on-call support as well as scheduling and attendance for maintenance windows.
- Communicate, manage, and implement technical solutions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or directed.
- Will be subject to 24-hour call-out.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all applicable safety regulations and can administer first aid, including artificial respiration. Able to instruct those they supervise in all phases of these items.
- WILL OBSERVE ALL SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS AS REQUIRED.
This position is exempt from the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position requires availability for emergencies, attendance at night meetings, etc., without additional compensation.
This position reports to the supervisor and is responsible for the execution and interpretation of administrative policies, procedures, and practices, in assigned areas of responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), along with the ability to be intuitive and resourceful.
- Strong understanding of the OSI Interconnect model and how it relates to the design and deployment of structured IP networks.
- Must have proven ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines, all with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
- Ability to work autonomously or as a part of a distributed team.
- Must possess valid non-restricted Arkansas driver’s license. Ability to travel regionally, up to 50% of the time.
- Initiative and self-direction; can apply knowledge and make sound judgments to effectively resolve issues.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or seven years related experience.
- Utility Telecommunications or SCADA system experience preferred.
- Experience with fiber optic networks.
- Experience with wireless communication.
- Operational level knowledge and experience with Windows and Linux Server Environments.
- Seven + years of experience with Routing and Switching (Juniper preferred).
- Seven + years of experience required in coordination and implementation of technology projects.
- Must be interested in aiding both customers and fellow employees; presenting and promoting a positive attitude; and in personal achievement as well as the success of the company.
- Must be able to perform the core elements of the position of Sr. Network Engineer competently, following a training period of not to exceed three (3) months.
- Must possess personal characteristics that will make employee a productive work team member, including high integrity, good personal habits, and regular attendance at work.
- Should be friendly and able to meet people easily and adjust to different personalities.
- Should be able to gain and maintain respect of others, both inside and outside of the organization. Must be reliable and dependable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for personnel in this position.
Inside position with usual office working conditions. Work outside of normal business hours is required.
Resume, a cover letter and references may be submitted by email to email@example.com. Requested information must be received no later than May 9, 2021.
Interview is by invitation only.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.