Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative, has a job opening for a Director of Member Services at the Texarkana, Arkansas, Headquarters office. The position requires a college degree, an emphasis in business is preferred, and five years Member Service experience. A minimum of five years management experience is preferred.
Applications accompanied by a resume, cover letter, and references may be submitted by mail or in person to the headquarters office at 2904 East 9th Street, Texarkana, AR 71854, or by email to email@example.com. Applications must be received no later than April 3, 2023.
Interview is by invitation only. Application must accompany resume to be considered for the position.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative
Employee Job Description
JOB TITLE Director of Member Services & Billing
SECTION: Member Services
DEPARTMENT: Member Services and Billing
SUPERVISOR: Vice President of FAMSP
PAYROLL CLASSIFICATION: Director of Member Services & Billing
- Management of the Member Service and Billing Departments including Member Services, Billing, Receiving, Collections, New Accounts, Capital Credits and related activities at the Headquarters and Districts.
- Recommends actions related to employment and dismissal, job training and safety of Member Service personnel.
- Management of front-line member service representatives to ensure positive member interactions and to deal with and respond to special member requests and complaints.
- To provide personnel with knowledgeable information regarding the use of CIS programs available through NISC. Primary in-house contact with NISC regarding program problems, updates and special programming requests.
- Primary contact providing information to the Arkansas Public Service Commission as requested regarding member complaints.
- Develop a work ethic and corporate culture focused on member service excellence.
- Supervises ordering of office supplies used Co-op wide.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Database management, knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Understanding of utility billing systems.
- Knowledge of PSC rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with rural electric cooperative structure and member-based operations.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, collections, member service and billing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public, membership and employees in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- Ability to communicate effectively with auditors, PSC representatives and others in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to make and verify computations accurately and quickly.
- Ability to learn and assist co-workers in use of NISC and personal computer software.
- Ability to interpret and analyze PSC regulations and Cooperative Policy and Procedures to effectively carry out job duties.
- Ability to work with all aspects of the public to enhance the Cooperative’s image.
- Ability to work within the Cooperative to further develop a work ethic and Cooperative culture focused on member service excellence
- Must be skilled at managing people, projects and time. Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time. Must possess excellent communication and human relations skills
- Required to be a team player with high integrity, regular work attendance, courteous and professional, able to work well with a diverse group of people, ability to gain and maintain respect of others, both inside and outside the cooperative.
- Compiles mailing list for Annual Meeting of Members, working with the Administrative Assistant to ensure accurate information is sent to members and assists in the implementation and operation of the Annual Meeting. Manages the mailing of materials to members for the Annual Meeting.
- Plans and develops member information materials regarding energy conservation, Cooperative rates and member service programs in the form of brochures and handouts.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual audit for the Oklahoma Public Utility Commission.
- Directs and supervises activities including collections and refunds, printing of daily reports and the balancing of accounts.
- Recommends data processing needs, solutions and develops implementation of new software applications for use by Member Service Reps.
- Creates customized reports as requested by other departments to assist in maximum productive use of available data.
- Administers Capital Credit Allocation and Capital Credit Retirement to member accounts.
- Supervises records retention and any purging of data from the CIS module.
- Orders promotional items used by the Cooperative.
- Ability to work with Engineering and Operations employees relating to Member Service duties.
- Ability to work with auditors, NISC, PSC representatives and others.
- Works as a team member with other department managers to correct member complaints and develop methods to provide effective, efficient daily operations.
- Develops recommendations regarding departmental organizational structure and practices to accomplish Cooperative goals through the most effective and efficient utilization of available resources.
- Assists in evaluating, formulating and implementing programs, policies and methods to promote and facilitate the effective and efficient operation of the Cooperative toward achieving its mission and goals.
- Coaches, organizes, directs and counsels department employees on performance and personnel issues to improve productivity, employee morale, a safe working environment, efficient operation of the Cooperative and satisfied members. Reviews plan of action periodically with employees to determine if improvements are being accomplished.
- Responsible for the department selection, assignment, training, development, review and performance evaluations for recommending pay changes and other employee status actions based on performance measures while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and Cooperative policy to assure the maintenance of a competent, motivated and effective work force.
- Serves as primary Member Service contact and maintains a professional working relationship with the Arkansas Public Service Commission and possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of their regulations regarding customer service.
- Coordinate scheduling and training programs for personnel with NISC and NRECA.
- Works directly with servicemen in disconnection of delinquent accounts.
- Communicates directly with members requesting a medical extension due to inability to pay a delinquent account, explaining the procedure, documenting the account and sending the approved forms to a medical doctor.
- Communicates directly with personnel from agencies providing energy assistance payments to our members.
- Performs the functions of the account representatives for an assigned area when needed to maintain member services in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes all entry of time for supervised personnel. Schedules Member Service Reps for adequate coverage in each office area. Schedules requested time off for Member Service Reps.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints that Customer Service Reps are unable to resolve.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any staffing and operational problems that may arise.
- Works with other departments to enhance member satisfaction.
- Provides monthly mailing list of members to Arkansas Living magazine as well as information requested in their annual ABC audit.
- Provide guidance and direction for Member Service department personnel in situations which are complex, out of the ordinary or without precedent.
- Analyzes data from the month end reports for reporting in staff meeting and correcting inaccurate data.
- Manage Member Service representatives to ensure proper Cooperative and Arkansas Public Service Commission procedures, rules and regulations are followed when speaking with members.
- Supervises processing, balancing and depositing of all payments received and posted at the Cooperative.
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive information, including personnel matters.
- Maintains harmonious, courteous and understanding relationships while fostering a collaborative teamwork environment among all employees.
- Supervises Member Service Representatives and Billing Coordinator.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 5 years Member Service experience.
- College degree with emphasis in business is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Management experience is preferred.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodation will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.